If you are interested in any of the programs that are offered through the TriDistrict Career and College Readiness Initiative, now is the time to apply online. In the fall of 2021, the TriDistrict is planning to run three courses in its TriDistrict CAPS (Center for Advanced Professional Studies) program:
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Careers in Transportation Technologies
- Careers in Business & Entrepreneurship
Completion of the registration and application process for all TriDistrict programs requires two steps:
- The first step is to register for the course at your home high school. This process is outlined by your home school counselors as a part of the registration/enrollment timeline at each high school. If you are not sure what your registration process or timeline is, contact your home school counselor as soon as possible. You can also contact the CAPS program coordinator at email@example.com
- The second step is to complete and submit an online application to the program, including a recommendation from a teacher, coach, counselor or administrator from your home high school. Please read each of the following bullet points before accessing the online application.
- Plan your time. The application will take about 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Have your application materials ready. If it is helpful, this link will provide you with a copy of the application that you can print out and fill-out by hand prior to completing the REQUIRED online application. NOTE: ** This form is for preparation purposes only. Only online applications will be accepted**
- You will need a recommendation/reference. Contact this person to make them aware of your request, and have this person’s email address ready. In order for your application to be considered complete, you will need a recommendation from a teacher/coach/administrator/counselor from your home high school. The last section of the online application will provide you with a link and directions for how to complete this requirement.
- Review the Program Guide. Part of your application for TriDistrict Courses includes your commitment to follow the rules and regulations located in the TriDistrict Career and College Readiness Initiative’s Student & Family Program Guide. This link takes you to the most recent copy of the guide for you to review prior to completing your application.
- Finally, complete the online application. The online application can be found via this link.
- If you have questions or if you need more information, please contact the program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Because all three TriDistrict High Schools are equal partners, each high school has approximately 10-15 seats in each program, depending upon the program. Due to the positive response we have had to our courses already, we anticipate the application process to continue to be competitive.
Each of our TriDistrict High Schools also host a CAPS-like program in the field of Education. Similar in spirit to our CAPS courses, each education program has both a classroom and internship aspect. A unique benefi to all of our Education courses is the opportunity for students to earn concurrent enrollment, or college, credit as a function of the course. Each of these three courses is registered for at each school site. There is not an additional application for our Education courses.
Questions? Please start by speaking with your home high school counselor. You can also contact Ben Kusch, TriDistrict Career and College Readiness Lead Designer and TriDistrict CAPS Program Coordinator at email@example.com