The support, experience and insight of local business leaders is invaluable as the TriDistrict Partnership works to expand programs and classes that will prepare our students to enter the workforce and/or college, prepared. By creating more opportunities for our students to go on to be successful graduates, we will be helping local businesses be more successful, which strengthens our communities. More than 80% of our students that grow up in Dakota County either stay here or come back to our region. Engaging with the TriDistrict is a great way to help our families, communities, and businesses prosper.
Click on THIS LINK, and a member of our team will contact you with more information and to answer your questions.
Ways you or your organization can get involved:
Course and Program Development
- Industry/business advisory panel or work group member
- Mentor–Teacher (host a teacher externship)
- Event–Host an engagement event for TriDistrict CAPS students, families and school communities
- Classroom guest speaker or panelist
- Student mentor – in-person or electronically (email, video conferencing, etc.)
- Career fair participant – represent your industry or career field
- Job fair participant – hire for summer, seasonal, or long-term positions
- Host a site-visit for a class
- Host a job shadow for a student or small group of students
- Offer a student internship
- Host a program–all of our programs are located on-site with a business partner. You can either host the program in its entirety, or for a short-term “residence” while our students work on a project for your organization.
There are countless other ways you can be involved. If you have an idea for how you, your company, or industry can deepen or broaden the student learning experience, please let us know.
Ben Kusch, Lead Designer, Program Coordinator