If you are still interested in any of the programs that are offered through the TriDistrict Career and College Readiness Initiative, there is still time to apply online. In the fall of 2019, the TriDistrict is planning to run three courses:
- Healthcare Careers & Medicine
- Careers in Transportation Technologies
- Careers in Business & Entrepreneurship
Currently, only our Transportation and Business & Entrepreneurship programs are actively receiving applications. Our Healthcare Careers & Medicine program is at capacity, but you may still apply to be on the waiting list.
Completion of the registration and application process for all TriDistrict programs requires two steps:
- The first step is to register for the course at your home high school. This process was outlined by your home school counselors this past spring. If you are not sure what that registration process is, contact your home school counselor as soon as possible. You can also contact the program coordinator at email@example.com
- The second step is to complete an online application to the program, including a recommendation from a teacher, coach, counselor or administrator from your home high school. Please read each of the following bullet points before accessing the online application, for which there is a link below:
- Plan your time. The application will take about 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Have your application materials ready. If it is helpful, this link will provide you with a copy of the application that you can print out and fill-out by hand prior to completing the REQUIRED online application. NOTE: ** This form is for preparation purposes only. Only online applications will be accepted**
- You will need a recommendation/reference. Contact this person to make them aware of your request, and have this person’s email address ready. In order for your application to be considered complete, you will need a recommendation from a teacher/coach/administrator/counselor from your home high school. The last section of the online application will provide you with a link and directions for how to complete this requirement.
- Review the Program Guide. Part of your application for TriDistrict Courses includes your commitment to follow the rules and regulations located in the TriDistrict Career and College Readiness Initiative’s Student & Family Program Guide. This link takes you to the most recent copy of the guide for you to review prior to completing your application.
- Finally, complete the online application. The online application can be found via this link.
- Because of the timing, if you plan to apply or if you need more information, please contact the program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Because all three TriDistrict High Schools are equal partners, each high school has approximately 10-12 seats in each program. Due to the positive response we have had to our courses already, we anticipate the application process to continue to be a competitive.
Questions? Please see your home high school counselor. You can also contact Ben Kusch, TriDistrict Career and College Readiness Lead Designer and TriDistrict CAPS Program Coordinator at email@example.com