Get Ready for Next Year! If you are interested in any of the four programs that are offered through the TriDistrict Career and College Readiness Initiative, now is the time to apply online. In the fall of 2019, the TriDistrict is planning to run four courses:
- Healthcare Careers & Medicine
- Careers in Transportation Business & Technologies
- Careers in Construction Trades & Technologies
- Careers in Business & Entrepreneurship
Completion of the registration and application process for all TriDistrict programs requires two steps:
- The first step is to register for the course at your home high school. This process has been outlined by your home school counselors. If you are not sure what that registration process is, see your home school counselor as soon as possible.
- The second step is to complete an online application to the program, including a recommendation from a teacher, coach, counselor or administrator from your home high school. Please read each of the following bullet points before accessing the online application:
- Plan your time. The application will take about 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Have your application materials ready. This link will provide you with a copy of the application that you can print out and fill-out by hand prior to completing the REQUIRED online application. NOTE: ** This form is for preparation purposes only. Only online applications will be accepted**
- You will need a recommendation/reference. Have this person’s email address ready. In order for your application to be considered complete, you will need a recommendation from a teacher/coach/administrator/counselor from your home high school. The last section of the online application will provide you with a link and directions for how to complete this requirement.
- Review the Program Guide. Part of your application for TriDistrict Courses includes your commitment to follow the rules and regulations located in the TriDistrict Career and College Readiness Initiative’s Student & Family Program Guide. This link takes you to the most recent copy of the guide for you to review prior to completing your application.
- Finally, complete the online application. The online application will go live by Friday, February 8th, and can be found via this link.
Because all three TriDistrict High Schools are equal partners, each high school has approximately 10 seats in each program. Due to the positive response we have had to these courses already, we anticipate the application process to be a competitive one.
Also, because of the different timelines that each TriDistrict high school has established for their registration process, it is difficult to lay out an exact timeline. However, in general, registration must be completed within the timeline that is communicated by each school’s Guidance Counseling staff. WHILE APPLICATIONS WERE DUE FOR ALL TRIDISTRICT STUDENTS BY MARCH 22ND, WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING ONLINE APPLICATIONS. We anticipate being able to notify all applicants of their admission status via mail by April 12th. We may be able to notify students by email sooner. Because of days missed due to snow and cold, be advised that this may result in a delay of notifying accepted students and their families.
Questions? Please see your home high school counselor. You can also contact Ben Kusch, TriDistrict Career and College Readiness Lead Designer and Program Coordinator at email@example.com